complaints policy

What Is Considered A Complaint?

A complaint is any contact from, or on behalf of, a customer or potential customer who is not satisfied with any part of our service.

How Will We Address Your Complaint?

We always want the opportunity to resolve any issues our customers have so want to hear about it as soon as possible.  You can contact us through the following methods and we will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt:

Phone: 0121 716 1269

By Post: UtilityWorks, Stonebridge Golf Centre, Meriden, CV7 7PL

Upon receipt of your complaint, we will allocate it a reference number to investigate further and at all stages communicate to you the status of our findings, timescales and expected resolution.

In every circumstances we will endeavour to handle your complaint to resolution and satisfaction. In the rare circumstances we are not able to resolve your complaint, we can offer an official apology, a gesture of goodwill or compensation.

Confirmation of any resolution will be communicated to you by your preferred contact method.


Our Commitment To Our Customers

UtilityWorks are committed to providing the highest possible standard of customer service but at the times when a customer feels our service falls short of this, we will endeavour to resolve your complaint quickly, efficiently and within 28 working days. In the event that a complaint cannot be resolved within this timeframe we make the commitment to ensure that customer is kept informed and updated on the progress throughout its journey. You can be assured that all of our complaints will be investigated thoroughly and appropriate actions taken.

Upon resolution we will provide the customer with written acknowledgement that the complaint is closed, this will include (where appropriate) an apology, an explanation and/or compensation. We’ll also provide feedback on what we have done to put things right.

Failure To Reach A Resolution

If you are not happy with the proposed resolution, or it can not be resolved in appropriate timescales, you can take your complaint further.

If You Need Independent Advice

You may contact the Citizens Advice Bureau for further guidance or, if the complaint remains unresolved after 8 weeks, you are entitled to refer to the Energy Ombudsman.

Details for the Citizen Advice and Energy Ombudsman can be found below:

Citizens Advice: Energy

Ombudsman Services: Energy

You can contact the Energy Ombudsman in the following ways:

    • Visit:
    • Phone: 0330 440 1624
    • Email:
    • Post: Ombudsman Services/Energy Broker: Energy, P.O. Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF
 You can download a copy of our Complaints Handling Process here.
We’re committed to our customers and the service they receive, which is why we’re a registered member of the Energy Broker Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Scheme. If we cannot resolve your complaint, you have the confidence of using the Ombudsman Services process.